Biriyani!!!!!!!!! it is tempting for many of us when we hear this word itself. Dum biriyani has unique followers. The dum biriyani can be prepared at home too.
The dum briyani tastes different from normal biriyani. Basmati rice only suits for dum biriyani. The spices with basmati rice has a good aroma.The taste will be awesome. Though the process look long it is very simple to prepare dum biriyani at home. Shredded carrot and food color can be added for the appearance.
The step wise procedure to prepare mushroom dum biriyani is given below.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 3
- Mushroom – 1 packet
- Curd – 1/4 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Saffron – 6 strands
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Chili powder -1/2 tbsp
- Cardamon – 4
- Bay leaf – 2
- Ansi seed – 2
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2″
- Cloves – 5
- Mint leaves – 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a kadai and add chopped onion to it.
- Fry till the onion becomes dark brown in color. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add fennel seeds, bay leaf, cardamon, cinnamon stick and cloves one by one. The oil used for frying can be used. If required some oil can be added.
- Add the stilted green chili to it.
- Then add 1 ⁄3rd part of fried onions and diced mushrooms to it.
- Now add fresh mint leaves to it.
- Next add salt.
- Add red chili as per the desired taste.
- Next add garam masala powder.
- Next add curd it when the mushrooms are cooked well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix them well. Add 1⁄2 cup of water and cook for few minutes.
- In a pressure cooker or heavy bottomed vessel and 1 1⁄2 parts of water to 1 part of rice.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to it.
- Add fennel seeds, bay leaf, cardamon, cinnamon stick and cloves in the water.
- Next add the soaked basmati rice and pressure cook it for 5-7 minutes. Keep the rice aside.
- Heat the tawa in high flame and place a heavy bottomed vessel or pressure cooker on it.
- Take milk in a bowl and add saffron strands. Mix it and leave it for few minutes.
- Turn the flame to low and spread a layer of mushroom gravy.
- Spread cooked rice over the gravy.
- Sprinkle a part of fried onion over the rice.
- Next pour the saffron milk and mint leaves.
- Repeat the process.
- Remove the whistle and close the lid. Cook it for 10 minutes in low flame.