Coconut chutney is very easy to prepare. If we want a quick breakfast or dinner then coconut chutney is a best choice for side dish. Beginners can also do it quickly. It can be prepared as a side dish for IDLI,DOSA,RAVA DOSA and UPMA. Some prefer coconut chutney for CHAPPATHI AND TOMATO RICE also.
1.Coconut – (6-8) pieces
2.Roasted gram – 2 tbsp
3.Green chili – (1-2)
4.Hing – 1 tsp
5.Salt – 1/2 tbsp
6.Curry leaves – 2 sprig
1.Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
2.Split urad dal – 2 tsp
3.Red chili -1
4.Curry leaves – 1 sprig
5.Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- In a mixer grinder, add chopped coconut.
- Add buna channa.
- Add green chili.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add hing & salt.
- Initially grind it without adding water.
- Add little water to the mixture.
- Make it into a coarse paste.
- Transfer the chutney in a bowl.
- Add required water and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Next add urad dal to it. Allow the urad dal to turn golden brown.
- Add red chili to it.
- Add curry leaves to it.
- Pour the tempering over the chutney.
- Simple coconut chutney is ready to serve.
1.The consistency of the chutney differs for each dish and also from person to person.
2.If we want the chutney to be watery we can add water, salt and green chili as per the requirement.