Though idli is a healthy dish, kids and youngsters prefer dosa. It is favorite dish for many people.
- Idli/Dosa batter – 3 cups
- Oil – (3-4) tbsp
- Castor oil – 1/2 tsp
- Heat the dosa tawa and spread the castor oil all over the tawa with a cloth/kitchen tissue.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour the entire batter in the center of the tawa and spread it immediately.
- Drizzle few drops of oil around the dosa.
- Once the dosa is cooked on one side and turns light brown flip it with the help of dosa ladle.
- If required drizzle oil over the dosa and serve hot when cooked.
- Variations can be made in dosa.
- Ghee can be used instead of oil.
- If we want dosa to be crispy, spread the dosa in thin layer.
- For uthappam, use more batter and spread it in thick layer.