Hi all,This post tells u how to make Rubbin….Rubbin is a typical Sourashtra cuisine.The major ingredient Rubin is Gooseberry which is calles as Nellika in Tamil.Basically gooseberry is very good for health.Vitamin C is high in gooseberry.It is a good anti-oxidant,good for anemia.It helps in hair growth,purifies the blood and etc.Also a special feature of gooseberry is that it will never loose its benefit in any form.We can cut,fry or steam it.Its benefit never gets lost.
The method of preparation is as follows
Gooseberry/Nellika/Amla(Big) – 5
Ginger – 50g
Garlic – 50g
Green chili – 5
Asafoetida – 3/4 tsp
- Steam the gooseberries.If using an oven make few holes on all sides before steaming.
- Cut the steamed gooseberries and remove the seeds.
- Add equal amount of ginger and garlic to the gooseberry.
- Add green chili,asafoetida and salt to it.
- Grind all in a mixie and make it into a paste.
Yummy Rubin is ready 🙂
Note: Rubin can be used as a side dish with Rasam rice and Curd rice.
Transfer the paste immediately in an air tight container and store in refrigerator.It can be used upto six months.Salt acts as a preservative.So no artificial preservative is required.
If not kept in air tight container it may turn black.