PREPARATION TIME: 8 mins
COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- 1 kg Ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped fine
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 250 ml Vegetable stock
- ½ cup Basil, torn
- 1 tbsp Tomato purée
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic and vegetable stock. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 15 minutes or until soft, stirring often.
- Process tomato mixture until smooth in a food processor or mixer.
- Return to bowl. Add tomato purée, basil, salt and pepper.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring once. Garnish with basil. Serve hot or chilled.
NOTE: Place tomatoes without any water in the MWO on HIGH for 4 minutes. The skin will blister and peel off easily.