Ladies finger is a very healthy vegetable. It has various health benefits. Generally ladies finger is said to help in the development of brain. So we can do maths we if we have ladies finger :p
Ladies finger gravy is a very simple and easy dish. It goes well with all kinds of SAMBHAR, RASAM and CURD rice. It is my all time combo with BAJJI CHAR.
We can eat raw ladies finger as a snack. It is very good for kids. Kids too like this dish.
- Ladies finger – 250 gm
- Big onion – (1-2)
- Tomato – 2
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric [powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tp
- Kozhambu podi – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Chop the ladies finger in medium sized rounds.
- Heat a kadai and fry them.
- Add curd to it and fry till the sliminess of the ladies finger is removed.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds to it.
- When it splutters add split urad dal to it.
- Add chopped onion when the urad dal turns golden brown.
- Once the onion becomes soft add chopped tomatoes to it.
- Next add cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, asafoetida and kozhambu podi and saute it till the raw smell goes.
- Add the fried ladies finger to it and add 1 cup of water and cook till the ladies finger becomes soft.
- Curd is used to get rid of the sliminess of the ladies finger soon.
- We can use lemon juice also instead of curd.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.