Kadugu pongal is a typical Sourashtra dish. The ingredients used here are simple and less. If we want to cook something appetizing in few minutes then kadugu pongal is a best option.
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 3 sprig
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 3 1 ⁄2 cups
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and soak the raw rice for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai .
- Add mustard seeds to it.
- When it splutters add curry leaves and asafoetida .
- Add water and allow it to boil.
- Add the soaked raw rice to it.
- Add salt and close the lid. Cook it in low flame.