Kozhambu podi is a basic ingredient in the kitchen. The preparation style differs from region to region. The recipe given here is Sourashtra style curry powder.
This style of kozhambu podi is used in the other recipes in my blog. The ratio of the ingredients matters in the taste of the dish. The hotness of the red chili varies each time. The ratio mentioned below is standard. The quantity of the ingredients can be altered as per the taste desired.
Kozhambu podi can be used to prepare kozhambu and gravies.
- Dhaniya seeds – 1 kg
- Black whole urad dal – 600 gms
- Red chili – 150 gms
- Boiled rice/Idly rice – 300 gms
- Virali manjal/Turmeric – 100 gms
- Vendhayam/Fenugreek – 25 gms
- Dry roast all the ingredients separately. Allow them to cool.
- Grind it into fine powder.
- In India, Curry powder is grind in the machine at flour mill shop. For those who stay in foreign countries, kozhambu podi can be done using turmeric powder instead of whole turmeric.
- As whole turmeric is hard to grind in mixer grinder turmeric powder can be used.