We do fish fry with fish masala which is available in market. Fish masala can be done in home also.
Fish fry with same masala will start boring. This masala has a diiferent taste from the masala available in market.
But it has a good taste.
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Red chili – 10
- Ginger – 2″
- Garlic pods – 10 (small)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1″
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon stick, curry leaves and red chili in a kadai. Allow it to cool and grind it along with ginger and garlic. Make a paste with curd and water.
- Wash the fish and coat it with the paste. Allow it to soak in sun rays.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the fish pieces
- Corn flour can be used as it acts as a binding agent.
- Lemon juice can be used instead of curd.
- Masala items can be altered as per the taste.
- Curd alone is enough to make the paste. Water is optional.