Adai is a famous South Indian dish. It is a stomach filling dish. One can understand after eating this. It is tasty and healthy. It is protein rich as it contains 4 kind of dals. When bored of regular dosa we can try adai.
The size of adai should be bigger than normal dosa.
- Boiled rice – 1 cup
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Thoor daal – 1 cup
- Channa dal – 1/2 cup
- Moong dal – 1/4 cup
- Urad dal – 1/8 cup
- Red chili – 2
- Green chili – 1
- Onion – 1
- Curry leaves – 3 sprig
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Soak rices and lentils over night or for 8 hours.
- Grind red chili along with black pepper and cumin seeds.
- Grind the rice-dal into a coarse batter in mixer grinder.
- Grind them in batches and mix the batter well. Small amount of water can be added.
- Finely chop the onion, curry leaves and green chili.
- Add them to the batter along with salt and hing. Mix it well.
- Heat the tawa, take a ladle full of batter and spread it on the tawa. Drizzle oil and cook it well.
- Flip it and drizzle oil on the other side and cook it.