Idli-Dosa powder are kept handy in all of our kitchen. Ellu podi goes well for Idli and Dosa. It has different taste from regular podi. It is very simple and easy to prepare also.
Ellu is the only 1 ingredient which may not be available in our kitchen rack. Other ingredients are easy available. With less ingredients we can prepare tasty ellu podi at home in minutes.
I got this recipe from a old cook book. The taste was awesome.
- Ellu/Sesame – 200 gms
- Red chili – 15
- Dried curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Hing – 1⁄4 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Dry roast the sesame uniformly.
- Heat little oil in kadai and roast red chili uniformly.
- Grind ellu and red chili lightly.
- Next grind curry leaves, hing and salt along with ellu-red chili powder.