Fried Idli is a super tasty tiffin idea when many idlis are left over. I cooked idli for preparing fried idli. Few don’t like idli. To make idli a interesting dish we can make it into idli upma and many versions of fried idli.
Here is one such version of fried idli. In this recipe the fried idli is prepared without deep frying the idlis.
- Idli – 5
- Onion(medium) – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1⁄2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Red chili – 2
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1⁄4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Cut the idlis into cubes. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chili, curry leaves and chopped onion once the oil turns hot.
- Next add salt, cumin powder, coriander powder,red chili powder and turmeric powder to it. Stir it well.
- Now add the cubed idlis to the gravy and coat the gravy over the idli pieces.
- If required sprinkle some water to it. Cook it for 2 minutes.