Stuffed brinjal curry is a very tasty dish. Those who do’t like brinjal also enjoys the taste of the stuffed brinjal curry. It is very easy to prepare.Try it and enjoy the different curry with brinjal. It goes well with roti, dosa, idli and rice. The step by step pictorial procedure to prepare stuffed brinjal curry is as follows.
- Brinjal – 3
- Tomato – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1⁄4 tsp
- Tamarind – 1⁄2 tsp
- Salt – 3 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Bengal gram – 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Red chili – 4
- Cumin seeds – 1⁄2 tsp
- Pepper pods – 1⁄2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1⁄2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Heat little oil in a kadai.
- Roast the bengal gram, coriander seeds, red chili, cumin seeds and pepper pods. Allow it to cool.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- Add halved tomato and turmeric powder to it.
- Grind it along with the powder and make it into a paste.
- Wash and make 2 slits in the brinjal. Stuff the masala inside the brinjal.
- Heat the remaining oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves to it.
- Next add the stuffed brinjal to the tempering.
- Add the remaining masala and water. Saute it.
- Finally add tamarind pulp to it.
- Close the lid and cook it for 10-15 minutes in low flame.
- Adjust the salt and red chili as per the taste.
- Add tamarind as per the taste required.
- If tamarind is not preferred 1 tomato can be added while preparing the masala.