Millets was commonly used in olden days. As a cycle, now millets are used by many people for its health benefits. Millets are tasty too. They are filling to the stomach and controls appetite.
Millets can be consumed by diabetic patients and those whose want to lose weight. It aids in weight loss.
The recipe for mixed millet roti is given below with step by step pictorial procedure. Here, mixed millet roti is done in two ways. One is salty and the other is sweet. Banana is used to give sweetness to the roti. Try the both variations and enjoy the taste and its health benefits.
- Kambu/Bajira – 1⁄2 cup
- Corn – 1⁄2 cup
- Varagu – 1⁄2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1⁄2 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Banana – 2
- Water – 2 cups
- Dry roast the wheat flour in a kadai.
- Grind the bajra, corn and varagu in mixer grinder.
- Sieve all the flour and mix it into a homogeneous mixture.
- Add salt in one part and add mashed banana in another half. Knead it with water.
- Spread the dough into circle with water in hands. Do it over a plastic sheet to avoid sticking.
- Heat a tawa. Cook the roti on one side. Drizzle ghee over it.
- Flip the roti and drizzle ghee over it. Cook the roti on another side.
- Hot water is preferred for kneading. It gives softness to the roti.
- In sweet version, hot milk can be used instead of hot water. It gives extra softness and taste to the roti.