Pori kadalai thuvaiyal is called as Channa dal is Sourashtra. It is a instant side dish for pulli kuzhambu, kara kuzhambu and vatha kuzhambu. In Sourashtra, it goes well with all kinds of kolkar.
Roasted gram is called as pori kadali in few parts of Tamil Nadu(Especially in Madurai). Also it is called as pottu kadalai in other parts(Especially in Chennai).
The taste will be too good. No oil is added in this dish. So it is a tasty oil free side dish. The recipe is given below with pictorial procedure. Must try this recipe with the above said combination for a heavenly feeling :p
- Roasted gram – 1⁄2 cup
- Red chili – 1
- Coconut – (5-6) pieces
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Add all the above ingredients in a mixer grinder.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- Add required water to it and make it into a smooth paste.
- Adjust the salt and red chili as per the taste needed.
- We can have pori kadalai thuvaiyal as paruppu sadam. Add ghee and pori kadalai to hot rice and mix it well. For this use the grind pori kadalai powder alone.