Salt lassi is great drink for summer. It is affordable and all people can have it. Salt lassi is most commonly served as a welcome drink to guests in India before tea and coffee got introduced. Even today in many villages salt lassi is served.
It has various health benefits. It is rich in calcium, potassium and vitamin B12. It helps to reduce the gas and bloating. It retains the water content lost during summer due to sweat. We can drink it daily during summer. It is very easy to prepare.It has no side effects. It sugar free. If diet conscious then low fat curd can be used for making salt lassi.
Beat the summer with home salt lassi. It is the best body coolant. The below mentioned is a basic method of preparing buttermilk. In the note section the variation methods and add on for buttermilk is mentioned. Try each combination daily and make this summer a cooler one.
- Curd/Yogurt – 1⁄4 cup
- Water – 3⁄4 cup
- Hing – a very small pinch.
- Salt – 1⁄2 tsp
- Take curd in a bowl or glass. Beat it well with wooden churner or hand blender.
- Add water, hing and salt to it. Mix it well.
- Serve it in a glass.
- Finely chopped curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves and cumin powder can be added.
- Grated ginger, chopped raw mango, chopped green chili and mint leaves can also be added.
- If you don’t have churner then blend the curd and water in a mixer grinder. Add the required ingredients and stir it or blend it again for 1-2 pulse.
- Dry roasted cumin seeds can also be added.
- Even jal jeera powder, black salt can also be added.
- If desired, salt lassi can be refrigerated or topped with ice cubes before serving.
- Any combination mentioned above can be tried. Also other add on as per the choice can also be added.