Lassi is most popular summer drink in India. It can be prepared in so many ways. Basically there are two types of lassi – Sweet and salt. We can prepare different types of lassi in both sweet and salt.
Lassi is more healthy than other carbonated drinks. It cools the body internally. Carbonated drinks are not good for health when consumed frequently. Lassi refreshes our body during summer. It gives energy to our body and helps regain the water content which is lost through sweat.
Here is the recipe for jeera lassi which is a salt type lassi. Lassi is called as buttermilk is English. It is called as Neer mor in Tamil. Jeera lassi taste will be awesome. The ingredients added will give extra flavour to lassi.
- Curd/youghurt – 1 cup
- Water – 3⁄4 cup
- Green chili – 1 (small)
- Cumin seeds or powder – 1⁄4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Coriander leaves – (2-3) sprig
- Ice cubes (optional) – (3-4)
- Take a bowl. Add curd and water to it. Blend it using a wooden churner.
- Curd and water can be blended in mixer grinder for 3-4 pulse.
- Add chopped green chili, ground cumin seeds, chopped curry leaves, finely chopped coriander leaves and salt to it. Mixt it well.
- Top it with ice cubes and serve chill jeera lassi.
- Lassi can be served plain too. Ice cubes are optional.
- If ice cubes are not preferred ice water or clay pot water can be used.
- Clay pot water too cools our body.