Panner poriyal is a simple and easy dish. Panner poriyal is a tasty substitute of egg poriyal. It can be prepared in minutes. It is a great appetizer.
It got this recipe from my in- laws. With few alteration, I did in my style. It came out awesome and it was yummy too.
- Panner – 200 gms
- Shallots – (8-10)
- Mustard seeds – 1⁄2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1
- Curry leaves – (1-2) sprig
- Salt – 1⁄2 tsp
- Cut panner into small cubes.
- Soak it in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Wash it in water at room temperature and drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, split urad dal, chopped onion, green chili, curry leaves and salt.
- When the onion turns golden brown add the crushed panner to it.
- Saute it for 1 minute and serve hot.
- Turmeric powder and garam masala powder can also be added.
- If desired garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Pepper powder can also be added.