- Green plantain – 1
- Pepper / Red chili powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Salt – 1⁄4 tsp
- Oil – To deep fry
- Wash and clean the green plantain.
- Peel the skin lightly. No need to peel the entire skin. The skin will give nice texture and color to the chips after deep frying.
- Chop the green plantain in round shape using chips cutter.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Put the chopped green plantain to the oil in 3-4 batches. It depends on the amount of oil used.
Remove the chips from the oil with a slotted ladle and drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
- Then transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add pepper powder and salt to it. Close the bowl with a lid and shake it well to coat the pepper powder and salt over the chips.
- Thinner the slices crispy the chips will be.
- If you are confident then you can directly drop the slices over the oil and fry. Keep the flame low to avoid the heat.
- Make sure the oil is heated corrected before deep frying. If you have doubt then try with one piece to check the hotness. If the oil is not heated properly the chips will be soggy.
- Fry the chips in medium flame.
- Add the pepper / red chili powder and salt immediately to the chips for perfect coating.
- It can be stored in a air tight container at room temperature for a week.