Fish is generally deep fried or shallow fried. Fish is most preferred item in non veg on health basis. So to it make fish more healthier we can bake it instead of frying the fish.
The step by step procedure to bake fish with pictures is below. The fish is baked with homemade masala. This is Indian style masala. Different combination of seasoning powders or different style of masala can be used to bake the fish.
Do try this and enjoy the different the taste of the fish. Since it is a whole fish I made slits for the masala to penetrate. It can be had as a starter or a snack and with any kind of rice.
- Fish fillet – 2 (I used Basa fillet)
- Shallots – ( 2-3 )
- Garlic pods – ( 4- 5 )
- Ginger – a very small piece
- Coriander powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Red chili – 2
- Red chili flakes – 1 tbsp ( optional )
- Salt – 1⁄2 tsp
- Cornflour – 1 tsp
- Amchoor or Dry mango powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Olive oil or any oil – 2 tsp
- Grind onion, garlic and ginger for 3-4 pulse.
- Now add the remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend it for 2-3 pulse.
- Then add little water and make it into a paste.
- Wash and clean the fillets. Make a long and shallow slit on the fish. Apply the grind masala over it evenly. Drizzle it with olive oil. Marinate it for 1-2 hours under sunshade or in freezer.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 °C or 400 °F. Place the fish in a aluminium foil.
- Cover it well on all the sides.
- Place the fish covered in aluminium foil over a baking stand or baking tray.
- Bake the fish for 15 – 20 minutes at 200 °C or 400 °F.
- Juicy and soft fish is ready to taste.
- Any fish variety of preferred choice can be used.
- Also other fish masala powder can also be used. The home made masasla has a unique taste.
- Any variation in the seasoning can also be done.
- If you want it to be mild hot add only 1 red chili or avoid red chili flakes.