Ladoo is generally a tempting sweet. This dry nut ladoo is tasty and healthy. Also it is very easy to prepare. Dry nut ladoo is very good for kids. It is a healthy snack. Also dry nut ladoo is a healthy replacement of fried items and confectioneries.
Dry nut ladoo can be prepared in minutes. During festive season this ladoo can be prepared quickly and it gives energy for those whose are in vrat.
The ladoo can be garnish with single nut or bits of assorted nuts. Since I made it for my kid it is plain. The ratio of nuts can be altered as per the wish. Some may not like the saltiness of the pistachio with sweet jaggery. So the quantity of the pistachios can be reduced or can be avoided fully.
- Cashew nut – 1⁄4 cup
- Almonds – 1⁄4 cup
- Pistachios – 1⁄4 cup
- Ground nut – 1⁄4 cup
- Jaggery powder – 1⁄4 cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Dry roast the cashew nut, almonds, pistachios and ground nut in a kadai.
- Allow them to cool.
- Remove the skin of the ground nut.
- In a mixer grinder add all the nuts.
- Grind it into a coarse powder. Add the jaggery powder to the nuts powder and grind it for 3-4 pulse. Adjust the sweetness if required.
- In a kadadi, heat the ghee. Pour the melted ghee over the powdered nuts. Add ghee little by little to attain the desired consistency.
- Mix it well and make it into a dough.
- Now pinch 1 tbsp of the powered nuts dough and make them into balls.
- Yummy and healthy dry nut balls are ready to taste.
- Powdered sugar can also be used instead of powdered jaggery. I recommend powdered jaggery for health benefits.
- The skin of the ground nut may disturb kids while eating. So I have removed the skin of the ground nut. It can be dry roasted separately for easy peeling of it’s skin.
- This dry nut ladoo can be stored upto 10 days in a air tight container.