Baby corn has various health benefits. It is edible as such. Here is the recipe for the chili pepper baby corn fry dry with step by step pictorial procedure.
This is a crispy version of baby corn and it is dry too. With few variations it can be made as a gravy. It serves as a delicious starter. Kids love this fried baby corn.
Apart from marination time this chili pepper baby corn fry is easy and simple to prepare. Try is baby corn fritter and enjoy the crispiness in ever bite.
FOR BABY CORN 65
- Baby corn – 8 pieces
- Corn flour – (3-4) tbsp
- Maida – 1 tbsp
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1⁄4 tsp
- Table salt – 1⁄4 tsp
- Lemon – 1⁄2
FOR CHILI PEPPER FRY
- Onion (Big) – 1
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch (optional)
- Wash well and clean the baby corns. Chop them into small pieces (1-2)’.
- In a mixing bowl, add cornflour, maida, rice flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, table salt and lemon juice squeezed from half a lemon. Add very little water and mix it well. The batter should be very thick.
- Add the chopped baby corns to the batter and coat the masala well. Marinate it for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add the marinated pieces one by one and deep fry them.
- Remove the fried pieces with a handle.
- Drain the excess oil in a tissue paper.
- In the same oil, add chopped onion, pepper powder and curry leaves. Add little salt if necessary. Saute it for 1-2 minute(s).
- Now add the fried baby corn pieces to the onion. Saute it for a minute.
- Serve it hot as a starter, side dish or snack.
- Spring onion and capsicum can be added along with chopped onion.
- To get a chinese style, soya sauce and tomato sauce can be added.