Dosa is common breakfast in India. This coconut dosa is different from usual dosa. Here, only idly rice is used urad dal is not used.
Also fermentation is not required to prepare this coconut dosa. So it is instant, easy and simple to prepare. The coconut along with the pepper corns and cumin seeds gives awesome flavour to the dosa.
This coconut dosa is a yummy substitute to the usual dosa. Here is the recipe of the coconut dosa with step by step pictorial procedure. It goes well with tomato chutney, onion chutney, ginger chutney, garlic chutney and idly-dosa powder.
- Coconut – 1 (small)
- Idly rice – 2 cups
- Pepper corns – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsps
- wash and soak the idly rice for 3 hours.
- In a mixer grinder add chopped coconut, pepper corns and cumin seeds.
- Grind them into a coarse paste.
- In a grinder, add the soaked idly rice and coconut mixture. The consistency of the batter should be little thin than the idli dosa batter.
- Transfer the batter in a vessel. Add required salt and water. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Heat the tawa. Grease the tawa with a paper tissue dipped in oil
- Take a ladle full of bafter and spread it from the outer edge of the tawa. Drizzle some oil and cook it well.
- Flip the dosa and allow it to cook well on the other side.
- Serve the coconut dosa hot with chutney and idly-dosa powder.
- Since I prepared it for my toddler I added less coconut, pepper corns and cumin seeds. It can be added more for flavour and taste.
- chopped onion and curry leaves can also be added in the batter.