Aubergine or eggplant is a variety of brinjal. It is dark violet in color. Here is the recipe for the fried aubergine tower.
The curd with the fried aubergine has a unique taste. Those who are bored of usual brinjal recipes will alos love it. I got this recipe from a cook book. The step by step pictures of fried aubergine tower is coming soon.
- Aubergine – (2-3)
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Thick curd – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 (medium)
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger – 1⁄2 inch piece
- Coriander leaves – sprigs
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 1
- Wash and clean the aubergine. Pat it dry.
- Cut them into round slices.
- Apply salt and red chili powder mix to the aubergine. Rub oil on both the side of the slices. Soak it for 10 minutes.
- In a mortar pestle, add coriander seeds and red chili. Crush them well. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl take thick curd. Add chopped onion,chopped green chili, chopped ginger, chopped coriander leaves, cumin powder, crushed coriander seeds – red chili mixture and salt.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Deep fry the aubergine slices and drain the excess oil in a tissue paper.
- Now take one slice of aubergine. Spread some curd filling over the aubergine slice.
- Arrange another slice on the top, apply some curd filling over it. Repeat the process again and make a tower from 5-6 aubergine slices.
- Pour the remaining curd mix over the aubergine tower.
- Garnish it with mint leaves and finely chopped tomatoes.
- This aubergine can be fried in microwave oven to avoid deep fry.
- For a healthier version of this dish, place each slices of aubergine separately in a microwave safe plate. Microwave the aubergine slices for 45 seconds on each sides separately.