Lasanga is a yummy and cheesy Italian dish. Nowadays lasanga has become popuplar dish as equal to pizza.
This italian dish is easy to prepare at home. With the help of convection oven this lasanga can be prepaed in minutes. Here all 3 modes – microwave, grill and convection is used.
The sauces – pasta sauce and white/bechamel sauce used are available in markets and also can be prepared at home. Even the lasagna sheets can be prepared at home or can be purchased at shops.
I feel like lasanga is the combination of both pizza and pasta. It tastes heaven when served with a cool juice.
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Onion (large) – 1
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Carrot – 1
- Red bell pepper – 1
- Aubergine (large) – 1
- Pasta sauce – 600 gms
- White/bechamel sauce – 600 ml
- Lasanga sheets – (6-8)
- Chedder cheese – 1 1/2 cups
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour 2 tbsp of oil. Add crushed garlic and chopped onion to it. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add chopped carrot and chopped bell pepper with 1/4 cup of water. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until they become soft.
- Add 3/4th of the pasta sauce, salt and black pepper powder to it and stir it well.
- Preheat the crusty plate at 220 °C.
- Cut the aubergine vertically and then cut them into round slices.
- Grill the aubergine slices with olive oil for 4 minutes. Turn it once at 2 minutes.
- Now spread a small amount of the pasta sauce on the base of a flat microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with a layer of grilled aubergine slices
- Then place the lasagne sheet over the aubergine slices.
- Next spread the bechamel sauce.
- Repeat the layers. Finish with a layer of bechamel sauce.
- Finally sprinkle with the cheese. Microwave it on convection mode for 15 minutes. If it is not cooked, microwave it for 5 more minutes.
- Let it to stand for 5 minutes before serving.