Avocado or butter fruit is widely available in Indian markets nowadays. Avocado has various health benefits. It controls blood sugar levels and aids to weight loss. Mostly avocado is consumed as smoothies and juice.
Here is the recipe for the avocado salsa in Mexican style. This is a oil free and stove free dish. It can be prepared within few seconds. It serves as a fabulous dip for nachos and as a side dish for chapati. It can also be consumed as such as a salad.
- Avocado – 1
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Coriander leaves – 5 sprigs
- Green chili – 1
- Lemon juice – Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Cut the avocado and remove the seeds from it. Scrap the pulp and chop it into small pieces. Finely chop the onions, tomato and coriander leaves.
- In a mixing bowl, add the avocado, onion, tomato, halved green chili, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt.
- With the help of the mortar pestle handle crush them well.
- Tasty and healthy avocado salsa is prepared in no minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.
- Adjust the sourness of the lemon juice as per the taste. So add it little by little.
- Make sure the avocado is ripened and the pulp is soft. It will make you to make crush them easily.
- If the avocados do not get crushed well then transfer the contents to the mixer grinder. Grind it for 2-3 pulse.