Mutton rice is a very different non veg recipe. It is less spicy when compared to usual biriyani. The onion, ginger and garlic with spices and herbs gives a special flavor to the dish. As it is less spicy kids and elders will enjoy this mutton rice.
Do try this special mutton rice. This is my granny’s recipe. My granny has followers for all her dishes. The recipe of the mutton rice is as follows.
- Mutton – 300 gms
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Onion(medium) – 2
- Ginger – 1″
- Garlic cloves – (4-5)
- Green chili – 4
- Cardamon – 2
- Cinnamon – a small stick
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cloves – 3
- Star anise – 2
- Mint leaves(loosely packed) – 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Wash and soak the raw rice for 10 minutes.
- Cook the rice in open or pressure cooker. Keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add mutton,little salt and few water. Cook it for 3 whistles in low flame after 1st whistle in high flame.(The mutton should be 3/4th cooked).
- Heat oil in a kadai, add cardamon pods, cinnamon stick, clove, star anise and bay leaf. Saute it.
- Next add slit green chili, turmeric powder to it.
- Now add chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chopped onion to it. Saute till the onion turns golden brown.
- Add mint leaves and curry leaves to it.
- Finally add the cooked mutton and mix them well. Cook it for 2 minutes. The gravy is ready.
- Mix the gravy to the cooked rice.
- Serve the mutton rice with korma.