- Sweetened Condensed milk -1/2 tin (200g)
- Milk Powder – 1 cup
- Melted butter – 2 tbsp
- Saffron strands – 4-5
- Hot Milk – 2 tbsp
- Almond – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Melted ghee/clarified butter – 1 tsp for greasing
- In a bowl, add saffron and hot milk. Soak it for few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick /heavy bottomed vessel, add butter and melt it. Turn off the heat.
- Now add sweetened condensed milk and milk powder to it. Mix it well to avoid lumps. Whisk can be used to make it smooth.
- Switch on the heat and cook it in low flame. Keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add saffron milk to it. Keep cooking till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and gets accumulated in the center of the vessel.
- Finally, add cardamom powder to it and mix it well. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate (to prevent it from cooking further in the heat of the pan).
- When the mixture is warm, grease your fingers with ghee and make around 8 or 10 smooth balls.
- Make a dent/impression with your thumb in the center and fill it with chopped nuts.
- Allow it to set. If you taste it immediately after preparing, it will be a bit chewy and sticky. So keep it aside for 5-6 hours. This instant doodh peda tastes best the next day.
- Super tasty and melting doodh peda is ready.
- If the mixture is over cooked, then no worries. Add a little milk to it and mix it well. Cook it for few seconds.
- On the other hand, if you are unable to make balls, it is undercooked. Cook it for a few more seconds.
- This doodh peda stays good at room temperature for 2 days. It lasts for a week if refrigerated. Bring it to room temperature before serving if refrigerated.