- Milk – 2 liters
- Sugar – (7-8) tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 10 tbsp
- Roasted rava(semolina) – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – a few drops
- In a heavy bottom/ non-stick vessel, add milk.
- Allow it to boil.
- Boil the milk till it becomes thick as how we get in palkova.
- Then add rava to it and cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Next, add sugar to it and continue to cook.
- The sugar melts and the mixture become goey.
- Cook till the mixture thickens as a big mass.
- At that time add some of the ghee and stir.
- Now, add lemon juice.
- Stir it continuously.
- .The content will thicken further. Add the remaining ghee and stir. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Finally, add cardamom powder and switch off the stove.
- To check whether halwa is done, it should not stick to the fingers when touched.
- Transfer it to suitable container and serve.
- I have added lemon juice at a later stage but you can add it to itself.
- Use a nonstick pan so that it will be safe and easy to handle.
- You should be near the stove all the time stirring !!otherwise, it sticks to the bottom.