- Chow chow – 1
- Curd – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Red chili – (2-3)
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Peel the skin of the chow chow.
- Wash it well.
- Cut it into two. Remove the white portion in the middle of the chow chow.
- Chop them into small pieces.
- In a kadai, add the chopped chow chow pieces, salt and little water.
- Cook it for 5-10 minutes. I cooked it 3/4th to get a little crunchy raita.
- Transfer it in a bowl. Allow it to cool.
- Add curd, salt and hing to the cooked chow chow.
- Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, split urad dal, red chili and curry leaves to it.
- Once the mustard seeds splutters and urad dal turns light golden brown, transfer the tempering to the raita mixture.
- Yummy and healthy chow chow raita is ready to serve.