- Freshly grated coconut – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 1/4 cups
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- In a heavy bottom pan, add milk and coconut.
- Boil it in a medium flame, do stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- After milk comes to boil reduce the flame to low and cook for 25-30 minutes or until all the moisture is absorbed and coconut is thick and creamy consistency.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder to it and cook until all the moisture is absorbed. It will take around 7-8 minutes. Coconut mix will be thick and crumbly in consistency. Turn off the heat.
- Grease a wide plate with ghee.
- Transfer the coconut mix on the plate and let it cool of to the room temperature.
- To make the ladoos, take about 2 tablespoons of coconut mixture into your palm. Gently press to form a smooth, round ball. Size of ladoo can be adjusted.
- Ladoos are ready to be serve. It can be refrigerated in air tight container for about two weeks.
- In this recipe, freshly grated coconut is used. If using frozen grated coconut, then around 3 cups of milk should be used.
- If preferred, ghee fried cashew nuts or almonds can be used while making ladoos.