Cheeselings are tasty crackers. It can be made a home and served as a snack for kids. The step by step procedure for crunchy tea time snack is as follows. Feel the cheese in every bite.
Cheeselings are light brown, crispy fried, bite-size biscuits made of flour, mixed with cheese and spices. These mouth melting cheeselings are extremely innovative, comforting and light snack. They are truly guilt-free, fast to cook favourite snack especially amongst kids. Cheese off-late is fast becoming an important ingredient in our kitchens.
- All purpose flour/Maida – 3 cups
- Gram flour – 1 cup
- Grated cheese – 100 gms
- Buttermilk – 1/2 cup
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Oil – To deep fry
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, gram flour, grated cheese, red chili powder, dry ginger powder, black pepper powder and salt.
- Add warm oil, buttermilk and milk to it. Add milk little by little.
- Knead it into a stiff dough. The dough consistency should be like poori dough.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll a small portion of dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough in a diamond shape.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Deep fry the diamond shape dough in batches.
- Fry till it becomes light golden brown on both the sides.
- Drain the excess oil on a tissue paper.
- Once it cools store it in an air-tight container.
- The gram flour and dry ginger powder give a desi touch to the cheeselings. If preferred they can be avoided.
- It will turn crunchier only after it cools completely.
- Make sure the oil is hot to deep fry.
- Deep fry it well on both the sides.