Tea starts the day for many people in the world, especially in India. Tea is healthier than coffee. I don’t drink tea/coffee. Also, I have very rarely prepared tea before marriage. Even after marriage, I prepare tea only when we have guests in our home. Now tea making has become easy and simple to me. I learned the perfect ratio of sugar and tea powder.
The recipe for milk tea is as follows.
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Tea powder – 2 tsp
- Granulated sugar – 4 tsp
- In a saucepan, add milk and water.
- Allow it to boil.
- Now, add tea powder when the milk rises after boiling.
- Turn the flame to low immediately. Let it boil till the tea gets its color and flavor.
- Once the tea is done, strain the tea with a tea filter to remove the tea dust.
- Add sugar to it.
- Mix it well.
- Serve the milk tea hot!!!!
- Milk tea can be served plain or with whole wheat marie biscuits or even with rusks. It will be filling.
- Other variations of tea – black tea, masala tea, mint tea, ginger tea, cardamom tea can also be prepared.