Drumstick & kohlrabi curry is a Sourashtra special curry. In marriages and functions, this curry is often served. The taste of this curry will be awesome. Personally, I like this curry very much.
Here is the step by step procedure of this recipe. The taste of the curry depends purely on the curry powder. Here Sourashtra style curry powder is used.
- Drumstick – 2
- Noolkohl/kohlrabi – 2
- Shallots – 8
- Tomato – 2
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Curry powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Sesame oil – (2-3) tbsp
Click here for more recipes with Drumsticks
- Wash the drumstick and kohlrabi. Chop all the veggies. No need to cut onion finely. Just cut it into half or four pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds and urad dal to it. Allow the mustard seeds to splutter and urad dal to turn light golden brown.
- Now, add chopped onion to it. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Next, add the chopped drumstick, kohlrabi and curry leaves to it. Saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it.
- Add salt to it. Saute till the tomato becomes mushy.
- Meanwhile, add curry powder and water in a pressure cooker.
- Mix it well. Avoid lumps if any.
- Allow it to boil.
- Transfer the veggies mixture to the pressure cooker.
- Mix it well.
- Add water to it only if required. Pressure cook it 1 whistle in high flame and 1-2 whistles in low flame. Allow the pressure to escape by itself.
- The veggies will be floating on the top. Mix it well. If it is too watery then cook it for 5 minutes on low flame or till the desired consistency is obtained.
- Tasty curry is ready to serve hot with white rice.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.
- The Curry powder used here is Sourashtra’s style. If a different style of curry powder used, the taste of the curry will be different.