- Raw rice – 2 cups
- Lemon – 3
- Mustard seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili – 5
- Curry leaves – (2-3) sprigs
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- Oil – (3-4) tbsp
- Wash and clean the raw rice. Soak it for 15 minutes. Cook it with little salt. Spread it in a large plate and allow it to cool.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds to it. Allow it to splutter.
- Next, add split urad dal. Allow the urad dal to turn golden brown.
- Now, add channa dal. Fry it.
- Add curry leaves to it.
- Add red chili. Turn off the flame.
- Add hing powder.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Squeeze out lemon juice from 3 lemon. Keep it aside.
- Add required salt to it.
- First, pour the tempering over the cooked rice. Mix it.
- Pour the lemon juice over it.
- Mix it well.
- Tangy lemon rice is ready. Serve with chutney or sambhar.
- Peanuts can be added for extra taste of the lemon rice.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste required.