Ragi dosa is a simple and tasty dosa prepared with ragi. In this recipe, ragi dosa is prepared from the ragi flour and idli/dosa batter.
Ragi has great health benefits. It is a rich source of calcium. Milk is most commonly used for calcium. Milk we get now has various issues. We need some alternative source for calcium. Ragi is the best alternative for milk in means of calcium. Ragi can be given for babies also in the form of porridge.
The recipe for ragi dosa with step by step pictorial procedure is as follows…Check other dishes with ragi, ragi murukku, ragi choco lollipop, ragi ladoo, ragi choco cookies, mixed millet roti and mixed millet chapati.
- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Idli/dosa batter – 1/2 cup
- Shallots – 8
- Green chili – (1-2)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs
- Ginger – a very small piece
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, add ragi flour.
- Add sliced shallots to it.
- Now, add finely chopped green chili, chopped ginger, chopped curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
- Add cumin powder, pepper powder and hing to it.
- Add salt to it.
- Add idli/dosa batter to it.
- Mix it well.
- Add water little by little to it.
- The batter should be little watery.
- Heat dosa tawa. Grease it with castor oil.
- Take a ladle full of batter and spread it over the tawa.
- Drizzle oil over it.
- Once cooked well on one side, flip it and cook well on the other side also.
- Serve hot with any chutney.
- Small coconut pieces can also be added for a taste.
- If you want to dosa to be soft, add more idli/dosa batter.
- If ragi flour is more, then the dosa will be crispier.
- Serve the dosa soon, because the dosa will turn hard once cooled.