Here is the recipe for baby potato masala. I usually don’t use potatoes frequently. But got some baby potatoes from market as I saw them for first time. The potatoes were sitting simply in it’s place for 3 days. Somehow, surfed for many recipes with baby potatoes and decided to pick this recipe.
This dish has many ingredients used so it will be very flavorful and tasty. I have used whole potato in this recipe. It is completely your choice.
The step by step pictorial procedure and video procedure of this recipe is as follows.
Click other potato recipes…potato masala fry, potato murukku, potato veg omelette, baby corn – potato combo masala, vermicelli fritters with potato masala stuffing, potato cheese balls, vegetable kabab, pani puri and bottle gourd- potato curry.
Click other side dish for roti…green peas dry curry, dal makhni, chettinad meal maker gravy, sweet corn gravy, green peas masala, baby corn manchurian, North Indian style green peas curry, cucumber raitha, white pumpkin raitha, stuffed brinjal curry, chili dhaniya chicken and mushroom pepper fry
- Baby potato – 250 gms
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Garlic – a small piece
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Mint leaves – 2 sprigs
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom pods – 1
- Clove – 1
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
- Salt – As per the taste required
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Water – As required
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 sprigs
- wash and rinse the baby potatoes.
- In a pressure cooker, add the baby potatoes.
- Add required water to it.
- Add little salt.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Pressure cook it for 1 whistle in high flame and for 1 whistle in low flame. Allow the pressure to escape by itself.
- Peel the skin of the potatoes once it is cooled.
- In a mixer grinder, add chopped tomatoes, garlic pods and ginger.
- Grind it into a paste. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadai.
- Add cumin seeds, cardamom pod and clove. Let the cumin seeds splutter.
- Add slit green chili, finely chopped mint leaves and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Add chopped onion.
- Saute till the onion gets caramelized.
- Now, add the tomato paste to it. Saute it till the raw smell goes.
- Add required salt.
- Add required water to it. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk to it.
- Add sugar to it. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the peeled potatoes to it. Cook till the desired consistency is obtained.
- Finally, garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti/ pulao.
- This masala curry is mild as we don’t use many spices. Little garam masala powder can be added to enhance the flavor of the curry.
- The mint leaves gives unique flavor and taste to this dish.
- In this recipe, whole baby potatoes are used. If preferred, you can mash the baby potatoes or cut them into small pieces.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.