Mushroom is a tasty ingredient. It is similar to chicken. Any dish with mushroom tastes good. Here is a simple and yummy mushroom curry recipe with freshly ground spices. The curry was awesome.
It goes well with hot steamed rice, chapathi, dosa and idli. Coconut can be added for super awesome flavor of the dish. It is very easy and quick to prepare.
Check out other mushroom recipes, mushroom dum biriyani, mushroom curry-Sourashtra style, mushroom nuggets, mushroom pepper fry and masala mushroom in microwave oven
- Mushroom – 200 gms
- Shallots – 10
- Tomato – 2
- Garlic pods – 3
- Pepper pods – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Red chili – 2
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Salt – As per the taste
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add chopped garlic to it.
- Now, add chopped shallots to it.
- Add curry leaves to it. Saute till the onion turns light golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it. Saute till it becomes mushy.
- Add chopped mushroom to it. Cook it for 3-5 minutes in low flame or until the mushroom is cooked well.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer grinder, add pepper pods, cumin seeds and red chili. Pulse it for few seconds.
- Add coriander seeds to it. Grind it again.
- Add little water to it and grind it into a fine paste.
- Now, add the ground paste to the mushroom mixture. Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add required water to it.
- Allow it to boil. Close the lid and cook it for 5 minutes in low flame or till the desired consistency is obtained.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste required.
- Coconut can be added along with the pepper pods, cumin seeds and red chili. It gives additional flavor to the curry.