Momos is a popular snack in recent times. It is a Chinese cuisine. The steamed hot momos is served with spicy red dip/chutney. This chutney will be very hot(spicy). But here, I have reduced the spiciness of the dip. If hotness desired, (2-3) red chilies can be added.
There are many kinds momos chutney. The taste of the momos chutney varies from shop to shop. Here is the recipe of the momos dip that I found after browsing various website. With few alterations I found this recipe similar to the road side momos chutney recipe with mild spice and little tangy.
The step by step pictorial procedure of this recipe is as follows…Enjoy any kind of momos with this dip. The remaining dip can be used with samosa, tikkis and fritters.
- Tomato – 2
- Red chili – 4
- Garlic pod – 1
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- In a pan or kadai, take tomato and red chili. Add required water to it.
- Cook till the skin of the tomato starts to peel by itself. Now turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Remove the skin of the tomatoes.
- In a mixer grinder, add the blanched tomatoes, red chili, garlic pods, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Blend it into a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve with hot momos.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the requirement.
- Amount of red chili can be adjusted as per the level of spiciness desired.
- Also, instead of tomato more vinegar can be added. If using vinegar fully, then soak the red chili in vinegar for 30 minutes and grind it.
- Adjust the garlic pods as per the size.