Dosa is a prepared frequently in our Country for breakfast or dinner. Beetroot-podi dosa is a simple variation from the normal dosa. It is quite easy to prepare. Also it a better way to feed kids beetroot. The color of the dosa will attract the kids.
Check other dosa recipes….idli/dosa batter, dosa, wheat dosa, yellow moong dal dosa, egg dosa, palm jaggery dosa, adai, coconut dosa, palkova dosa, ragi kara dosa, rava-onion dosa, alagar kovil (sourashtra style)dosa, spicy watermelon rind dosa and oats dosa.
- Idli/dosa batter – 1 cup
- Beetroot – 1
- Idli/dosa powder – 2 tsp
- Ghee/oil – (2-3) tsp
- Peel the skin of the beetroot ans wash it.
- Grate the beetroot with grater.
- Heat dosa tawa and grease it with castor oil.
- Take a ladle of batter.
- Spread it into a circle on the tawa.
- Immediately sprinkle the grated beetroot.
- Next, sprinkle idli/dosa powder.
- Drizzle little oil/ghee.
- Flip it and cook it on other side.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sambhar.
- The grated beetroot should be sprinkled as soon as you spread the batter. This is because once the dosa starts to get cooked the beetroot will not combine with batter well.
- This recipe goes well for uttapam or medium size dosa. It can also be tired with thin dosa but the beetroot will be like overcooked.
- Grated carrot can also be added along with grated beetroot.
- Idli/dosa powder is used to overcome the natural sweetness from the beetroot. If not prefered, you can avoid it for kids.