Hi readers….Happy happy Tamil New Year to all….After a very looooooooong time writing a post due to personal work. On the top of that my kid is not letting me to work on laptop or mobile phone for more than 5 minutes :p Somehow managing and writing this post for past 2 days 😉
We have recently shifted to Dublin. Got only few kitchen items with me and it will take more time for other items to reach us. With the available items I have tried apple milk halwa which tasted super awesome. The recipe of the apple milk halwa is as follows.
Check other sweet recipes….mysore pak, paal halwa, maida burfi, carrot halwa.
- Apple(medium) – 2
- Milk – 500 ml
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- In a pan or heavy bottomed vessel or non-stick vessel, add milk. Do not add water to it.
- Allow it to boil.
- Wash and cut the apples into small pieces.
- Add the chopped apple to the milk.
- Keep stirring and allow the apple to get cooked.
- The milk will curdle now.
- Add sugar to it.
- Continue cooking the mixture in high-medium flame. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Allow the water to get evaporated. Keep stirring.
- Turn off the flame once the mixture becomes dry.
- Serve the apple halwa hot or warm.
- Apple milk halwa is very simple to prepare. Here is the basic version of apple milk halwa. You can enhance the halwa with ghee, cardamom powder and cashew nuts.
- The shelf life of this halwa is very less. If stored in refrigerator it will stay good for 24 hours.
- This halwa tasted good without adding ghee also.
- If you want the apple halwa to taste different, you can added vanilla essence instead of cardamom powder. Kids will like it.