- Potato – (3-4)
- Onion – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp or more
- Wash and cut the potatoes in 2 or 4 pieces. Add required water and salt to it.
- Pressure cook it for 1 whistle in high flame and for 2 whistles in low flame. Let the pressure escape by itself. Drain the excess water and peel the skin of the potatoes.Chop them into small cubes. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds to it. Allow it to splutter.
- Now, add finely chopped onion to it. Saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Finally, add chopped potatoes to it.
- Fry it for 5-7 minutes in low flame.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Here, I have used less oil only. If you want to potato to be crispy then you can use more oil and fry them well.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste desired.