- Potato – 4
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 1
- Hing – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil the potatoes. Peel the skin. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds and urad dal to it. Allow mustard seeds to splutter and urad dal to turn golden brown.
- Add chopped onions to it. Saute till the onion turns golden brown in color.
- Add hing powder.
- Add the curry leaves to it.
- Add tomato and required salt.
- Saute till the tomato becomes mushy.
- Add red chili powder.
- Add cumin powder to it.
- Finally add the mashed or cubed potatoes to it.
- Mix it well and keep frying.
- Fry it well till desired consistency is required. Serve hot.`
- Here, potato is slightly mashed with hands. It can be cubed if preferred.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste required.