Raagi is a healthy millet. It is a good source of calcium. Few of us don’t drink milk and intake curd. They lack in calcium. Raagi is a substitute for them to get calcium.
This dish is simple and can be prepared with very minimum number of ingredients. It goes well with ghee & sugar, SAMBHAR and curd.
1.Raagi flour – 2 cups
2.Water – 8 cups
3.Salt – 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, take salt and flour. Mix it well.
- Add water to a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Allow it to boil.
- Add 2 tbsp of raagi flour in flour.
- Mix it immediately to avoid lumps.
- Add the remaining flour slowly.
- Mix it well.
- Remove the vessel from the stove. Use mathu and stir it to break the lumps formed.
- Scrap the sides and again place the vessel on the stove.
- Close the lid and cook it for 20-30 minutes in low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Ragi kali/sugud is ready.
- Serve hot with sambhar or ghee and sugar.
1.While stirring with mathu keep the vessel surrounded by towel in between the legs to get grip and apply full force to break the lumps.