In this summer we prefer some drink that makes our body cool and refreshes our body. Summer is the other name of mango season. Carbonated soft drinks not are good for health. There are many issues on aerated bottle drinks.
Aam panna is made from raw mangoes. The sweet and sour drink with black salt and cumin powder has divine taste. Beat the heat of the summer with this simple and tasty homemade refreshing drink.
Here is the recipe of the raw mango drink with step by step procedure. Aam panna has various health benefits. It prevents heat stroke and keeps the body coolraw mangoes are rich in vitamin c and iron, plus the jaggery also gives an iron boost.the aam panna helps in preventing stomach problems in the summers.
The color of the aam panna differs when powdered jaggery is used. Brown sugar or organic cane sugar can also be used as a sweetener.
- Raw mangoes – 1 (big size)
- Cumin powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Black salt – 1⁄4 tbsp
- Black pepper – a generous pinch
- sugar – 1⁄4 cup
- Mint leaves – Few leaves
- Wash and peel the raw mango.
- Chop them into cubes and remove the seed.
- Heat a pan, add chopped raw mango and water. Boil it.
- Allow it to cool.
- In a mixer grinder, add the boiled raw mango pieces, sugar and black salt. Blend it well.
- Add 1⁄2 liter of water to the raw mango mixture.
- Sieve it to remove the fiber part of raw mango.
- Add black pepper powder and cumin powder to it.
- Top it with ice cubes and mint leaves. Serve chill.
- The raw mango pieces can also be pressure cooked or steamed instead of boiling in a pan.
- Powdered jaggery can be used instead of sugar.
- Adjust the sugar, black salt and spice powders as per the taste desired.