Moong dal payasam is a perfect recipe for Pooja Prasadham and dessert. It is very easy to prepare. All the ingredients used to prepare moong dal payasam are handy in most of the South Indian kitchen racks.
It has no sugar added in it. So it healthy dessert. When we have sudden guests to our home this dish serves as a best dish to them
- Moong dal – 4 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Shredded coconut – 2 tbsp
- Powdered jaggery – 2 cups
- Powdered cardamon – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 1 tsp
- Cashew nut – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Dry roast the moong dal.
- Pressure cook it in water for 3 whistles.
- Add powdered jaggery and mix it well. Cook it for 5- 7 minutes until the raw smell goes.
- Then add milk and powdered cardamon to it.
- Heat ghee in a kadai. Add shredded coconut to it.
- Saute it for few seconds and add it to the moong dal payasam.
- Fry cashew nut and raisins in ghee.
- Transfer it to the moong dal payasam.
- Badam can also be fired in ghee.
- Coconut milk can also be added instead of milk and shredded coconut.