Butter bun is a famous snack in Madurai. It is prepared in a small road-side shop. It is available from evening to late night.
Those who visit Madurai should never miss Meenakshi Amman Temple, Butter bun, paratha and Jigarthanda. It is my all time favorite from my childhood.
The bun along with the bun melts in and it has a awesome taste. It is served in lotus leaf at the road-side shop. The hot butter bun in lotus leaf has a magical flavor. I will update the butter bun picture in lotus leaf in future. My dad will do it often at home. Here is the pictorial procedure of the Madurai famous butter bun.
The ingredients used here are very simple. Kids will love this snack. It is a must try recipe. Give a try with this recipe and enjoy the melting moments of the butter bun.
- Sweet Bun – 1
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Unsalted butter – 25 gms
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Melt few butter in hot milk.
- Stir it well and make a homogeneous mixture.
- Take the bun make a small slit in the middle of the bun horizontally.
- Add melted butter-milk and suagr to the slit.
- Heat the tawa. Place the bun on the tawa.
- Add a piece of butter over the bun.
- Flip the bun and add a piece of butter over it.
- Flip it again. Press the bun and mince it slightly.
- Finally add a piece of butter and sprinkle some sugar over the bun.
Yummy and mouth watering butter bun is ready to eat 😉
- Butter at room temperature can also be used instead of melting butter in hot milk.
- Also, I don’t want too much butter I mixed the butter with milk.