Cauliflower has various health benefits. It is low in carbohydrate. Here is a simple and yummy cauliflower gravy recipe.
The step by step pictorial procedure of this recipe is as follows. It goes well with rice and roti.
- Caulifower(small) – 1
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – (4-5) pods
- Tomato – 1
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per the taste
- Water – (2-3) tbsp
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- In a kadai, take washed florets. Add water to it.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to it.
- Allow it to boil. Cook for 2 minutes in low flame. This to remove the dirt and worms from the cauliflower. Drain the excess water using colander and rinse it. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add chopped garlic to it.
- Add finely chopped onion to it. Saute for few minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets to it.
- Fry it well.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Saute till the tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add cumin powder.
- Add pepper powder.
- Add red chili powder.
- Add coriander powder.
- Add garam masala powder.
- Add required salt.
- Add very little water over it. Mix it well to coat the powders to the cauliflower.
- Saute till everything binds together.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with rice or chapathi.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the requirement.
- Instead of chopped onion and garlic, onion powder and garlic powder can be used. This is give a dry texture to the dish.
- Water can be added only if required. It is optional.
- You can first fry the cauliflower in oil. Remove it and drain the excess oil in tissue paper. Then add fried cauliflower to the onion.