Chapathi/Chapati is a common and popular dish in India. But it is boring to have regular chapati always. Here is a way to make the chapathi more interesting. This is the chinese style of chapathi noodles. When there is excess chapathi or left over chapathi, then this is a best option to make it more interesting. Kids will really like it very much and want it to be prepared frequently.
- Chapathi – 4
- Onion – 1
- Cabbage(small) – 1/2
- Carrot – 2
- Capsicum – 1/2
- Garlic – 5
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1/4 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Cut the chapathi lengthwise like a thin strips. Keep it aside.
- Chop all the veggies lengthwise and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add garlic and onion to it.
- Saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Next, add carrot and cabbage to it.
- Saute them till raw smell goes from the veggies. Cook it in medium high flame and keep stirring it at regular intervals to avoid burning.
- Add capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Now, add soya sauce, tomato sauce, pepper powder ans salt.
- Mix it well.
- Add the chapathi strips.
- Stir it well and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Serve with tomato ketchup
- For the extra chinese flavor, garnish the chapathi noodles with chopped spring onions.
- Olive oil gives a nice flavour to the chinese dishes so I prefer using it. You can use normal cooking oil also.
- The quantity of the veggies can be altered depending on the taste required.
- Adjust the seasoning as per the taste desired.
- Egg can be added along with the veggies.
- The chapathi should be soft so that it will not turn hard after preparing noodles.
- Garam masala powder, coriander powder and cumin powder can be added to get a desi style.