PREPARATION TIME: 15 mins
COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- 500 gm Chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1½ tsp Garlic paste
- ¼ cup Oil
- 2½ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Ginger paste
- 2½ tsp Red chilli powder (or red chilli paste)*
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 cup Curd, whisked
- 2 Green chillies, slit
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ cup Curry leaves
- 2 Onions, cut into rounds
- Take a bowl and mix the ginger–garlic paste, 2tsp oil, chilli powder and salt with a little water to form a thick paste.
- Add chicken pieces to the batter and Marinate for about 1 hour.
- Mix in the cornflour, spread on a tray.
- Cook in preheated CONVECTION mode on HIGH for 12 minutes, turning once.
- Remove and place the remaining oil and curry leaves in a bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add chillies, curd and ½tsp salt & stir well.
- Microwave on 650W for 4 minutes.
- Remove & Add lemon juice, garam masala and chicken pieces.
- Microwave on 650W again for 1 minute. Remove, Mix well & Garnish with onions.
Special Notes: For a more vibrant red colour which is characteristic of Chicken 65, soak a few Kashmiri chillies in warm water for 7 minutes. Remove water and grind to a fine paste. For more heat, use a spicier variety of red chillies.